Career Insights: Virtual Work Placements
During the Spring Bank holiday week, a group of national and international firms are hosting a range of ‘Career Insight’ virtual work experience events and seminars to allow students to find out more about the world of work and what careers opportunities their could be in the future.
The Experience Programme is being run by Speakers for Schools through a simple, safe-guarded portal, giving students access to opportunities.
Dates for applications are closing very soon – don’t miss out!
To find out more and to register to apply to join a session, please click on the links below.
British Army - combining office skills and a sense of adventure - careers in cyber
Dates: 4 & 22 June 2021
Eligibility: 15 – 19 year old interested in an insight into how army careers are evolving.
Application Deadline: 4 & 26 May 2021
Sir Robert McAlpine – Future Careers in Engineering
• Date: 25 June 2021 from10.00am - 2:30pm
• Eligibility: 15 – 19 year olds interested in apprenticeships and careers in engineering and technology.
• Application Deadline: 21 May 2021
Insight Day into Biological Sciences with Hart Biologicals
• Date: 24 June 2021 from 10.00am – 12.00pm
• Eligibility: 15 – 19 year olds interested in finding out more about a career in the medical-scientific field.
• Application Deadline: 20 May 2021
Insight into Construction with Bellway Homes
• Date: 9 June 2021 from 10.00am – 3.00pm
• Eligibility: 15 – 19 year olds interested in finding out more about the housebuilding industry.
• Application Deadline: 24 May 2021
Poppy Design Studio - Marketing Work Experience
Date(s): 7 June - 9 August 2021 (10am - 12pm on Mondays)
Eligibility: 16 – 19 year olds keen to learn about the role of a Marketing Manager,.
Application Deadline: 23 May 2021
Nottinghamshire Police - how our Police fight crime and keep us safe with the `Eye in the Sky`
Dates: 23 June 2021 (9:30am – 3pm)
Eligibility: 14 – 19 Year olds interested in a career in Policing.
Application Deadline: 09 June 2021
Predict 21: How IT is changing the world & the world is changing IT with IBM
Date(s): 22 June 2021 (10am – 3pm)
Eligibility: 14 – 19 year interested in apprenticeships and employability pathways at IBM.
Application Deadline: 28 May 2021
Live, fun and interactive session with Mintra Software
Dates: 23 June 2021(9am -1pm)
Eligibility: 15 – 19 year old interested in digital design and technology.
Application Deadline: 7 June 2021
Predict 21: Financial Times One Week Online Work Experience
Dates: 21 - 25 June 2021(10am - 3pm)
Eligibility: 15 – 19 year old interested in gaining actual experience of what it takes to work for a global media organisation.
Application Deadline: 21 May 2021