Exam results – ensuring our students achieve their full potential.
As an academy, we work hard to ensure that our students achieve grades that reflect their potential. In 2019 our students excelled, achieving outstanding results across a breadth of subjects.
The table below illustrates our Progress 8 scores for 2019 and 2018. Progress 8 measures the performance of our students compared to the national progress of students with the same starting points across 8 subjects, as prescribed by the government. As you can see, in 2019 our students made – on average – around three fifths of a grade more progress in each of these 8 subjects than their national counterparts with the same starting point. This places the school in the top DfE category for progress (‘well above average’) and well inside the top 10% of schools nationally.
|Progress 8: English||0.00||0.31||-0.04|
|Progress 8: Maths||0.25||0.24||-0.02|
|Progress 8: EBacc||0.42||0.11||-0.03|
|Progress 8: Open||1.37||1.48||-0.04|
Our final KS4 results in 2019 are:
- Progress 8 score: 0.61
- Attainment 8 score: 52.7 (national average 46.7)
- Percentage of students with a strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and maths: 50% (the national average was 43%)
- Percentage of students with a standard pass (grade 4 or above) in English and maths: 67% (the national average was 64%)
- English Baccalaureate Average Point Score: 4.3 (national average 4.1). 25% of students were entered for the English Baccalaureate (national average 40%)
- Destinations: Please note that destinations data is published in arrears. The data below relates to students who completed key stage 4 in 2017.
Pupils staying in education or employment for at least two terms after Key Stage 4: 92% (England Average 94%).