Exam results – ensuring our students achieve their full potential.
As an academy, we work hard to ensure that our students achieve grades that reflect their potential. In 2018 our students excelled, achieving outstanding results, despite a challenging and evolving national picture.
The table below illustrates our Progress 8 scores for 2018 and 2017. Progress 8 measures the performance of our students compared to the national progress of students with the same starting points across 8 subjects, as prescribed by the government. As you can see, in 2018 our students made – on average – three fifths of a grade more progress in each of these 8 subjects than their national counterparts with the same starting point. This has put us well within the top 10% of schools nationally.
|Progress 8: English||0.31||0.26||-0.04|
|Progress 8: Maths||0.24||0.28||-0.02|
|Progress 8: EBacc||0.11||0.38||-0.03|
|Progress 8: Open||1.48||1.48||-0.04|
Our KS4 results in 2018 are as follows:
- Progress 8 score 0.59.
- Attainment 8 score: 51.4 (national average 46.4).
- Percentage of students with a strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and maths: 45% (the national average was 43%).
- Percentage of students with a standard pass (grade 4 or above) in English and maths: 72% (the national average was 64%).
- English Baccalaureate Average Point Score: 4.12 (national average 4.03). 29% of students were entered for the English Baccalaureate.
- Destinations: Please note that destinations data is published in arrears. The data below relates to students who completed key stage 4 in 2016.
Pupils staying in education or employment for at least two terms after Key Stage 4: 93% (England Average 94%).